- Company: Uganda Christian University (UCU)
- Location: Mukono, Central Region, Uganda
- State: mukono
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Healthcare Jobs in Uganda
Uganda Christian University was founded when the historic Bishop Tucker Theological College was promoted as a university in 1997. Bishop Tucker Theological College trained clergy and educators during its 84-year history from 1913-1997. The local chief, Hamu Mukasa, granted land for the college to operate in Mukono. International partnerships were part of the College’s missionary history. The Church Mission Society teamed with Ugandan leaders and others to assure the College had the necessary intellectual and other capital. By the late 1990s, the Church of Uganda sought to have a broader impact on society through the higher education – not only of clergy but of other professionals as well. Uganda Christian University was established in 1997.
Job Summary: The Dispenser will provide an accurate, timely, and qualitative dispensing service to the registered patients at Allan Galpin Health Centre.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for safety and custody of drugs of AGHC.
- To dispense medication as stated on prescriptions, maintaining accurate dispensing records and ensuring that the medication is labeled with the correct drug name, strength, quantity, directions for use, patient’s name and includes any additional required information.
- Adhere to practice, policies and procedures for dispensing medicines.
- Maintain adequate stock levels of medicines, checking expiry dates and storage conditions.
- Maintain dispensary equipment and ensure that they are in a good state of working order.
- Using the Clinical Master computer system to ensure that all relevant information is recorded within individual patient records.
- Ensure the safe disposal of returned and expired medications.
- Maintain and order for stock of dispensary and any other related items.
- Adhere to all aspects of the Health and Safety Control of Substances Hazardous to Health, ensuring good hygiene, cleanliness and a safe environment in the dispensary.
- Maintain the integrity and security of the dispensary by admitting only authorized personnel and ensuring that all medicines are stored appropriately.
- Liaise with members of the clinical team regarding medication for individual patients.
- Communicate effectively and regularly with other members of the dispensing team to ensure accurate exchange of information relating to patients and their medication.
- At all times maintain absolute confidentiality.
- Be pro-active in developing new initiatives in the dispensary.
- Supervise the Kampala Campus dispensing operation.
- Any other official duties that may be assigned by the supervisor.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate must hold a Diploma in Dispensing from a recognized Institution of higher learning.
- At least two (2) years’ experience working in a reputable Hospital or Registered Health Centre.
- Should be a person of high integrity and a good work ethic.
- Should have basic computer literacy.
- Should be able to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills especially when dealing with staff, students and visitors, and a good team player.
- Should be willing and able to work outside the normal working hours.
- Should be a committed Christian.
- Should have a valid practicing license from Allied Health Professionals Council.
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send two (2) copies of an application letter together with an updated Curriculum Vitae, three references and two (2) copies of certified academic and professional certificates and transcripts
All online applications must be sent in one PDF attachment.
The Director, Human Resource & Administration
Uganda Christian University
P.O. Box 4, Mukono, Pilkington Building
Deadline: 20th December 2018 by 5:00pm