- Company: DFCU Bank
- Location: Kampala, Central Region, Uganda
- State: Kampala, UG
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Uganda – Banking Jobs in Uganda
DFCU bank is a fast growing commercial bank offering a variety of innovative products and services. DFCU Limited was started by the Commonwealth Development Corporation (CDC) of the United Kingdom and the Government of Uganda through the Uganda Development Corporation (UDC) under the name of Development Finance Company of Uganda Limited. Later restructuring brought in DEG (of Germany) and International Finance Corporation (IFC) as equal partners with CDC and UDC, each having a 25% stake in the company. Its objective was to support long-term development projects whose financing needs and risk did not appeal to the then existing financial commercial lending institutions.
Job Summary: The Credit Control Officer will mainly prepare all contracts relating to borrowing customers in a language that can easily be understood by either parties in compliance with all legal, financial and credit requirements to protect the Bank from any loopholes arising from poor documentation) and in case of default, such contracts must be enforceable in the Courts of law, set out all terms and conditions under which the Bank is willing to make available to the customer the approved credit facility and providing advisory services to the Bank’s business units.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Tasked with the preparation of loan documents for Business Banking and Consumer Banking borrowing customers in line with the Bank’s Approved Standard Formats.
- Ensure such Contracts are water tight and enforceable in Courts of law in case of default.
- Proof read and advise on standardized documents prepared by the Bank’s Legal department and external Lawyers – for accuracy and completeness.
- Offer advisory services to the Bank’s business units on all legal related issues on the different credit files as presented for preparation of credit agreements; and as and when approached
- Conduct regular security reviews, reconciling the physical security positions as reported by the Documentation team and tracking delays, renewals and releases.
- Conduct periodical sensitivity and confirmation checks of validity of securities for deteriorating BB/CB credit facilities.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the DFCU Bank Credit Control Officer job placement must hold a Law degree from a reputable learning institution.
- Postgraduate Diploma in Legal Practice from Law Development Center Kampala. (LDC)
- At least two years’ experience in drafting credit agreements in a reputable institution/legal firm.
- In-depth knowledge of the principles governing Banking & Corporate Law, Land Law, Mortgages and Leasing, among others;
- Effective communication, good interpersonal and research skills.
- Self-motivation, result orientation with ability to make appropriate decisions as and when required
- Administration or any other related field in credit administration.
- Excellent understanding of operations of all Bank products.
- Attention to details.
- Independence and with good judgement of task.
- Ability to deliver quality output within tight deadlines.
All candidates who so wish to join the banking sector in the aforementioned capacity are encouraged to send their applications with detailed CVs including present position and copies of relevant professional/academic certificates (University Transcript, O & A level) to: Vacanciesbank@dfcugroup.com
Deadline: 11th December 2018
NB: dfcu Bank does not solicit/accept payment in cash/kind from prospective candidates in exchange for shortlisting or job placement. Any candidate who engages in this kind of transaction is aiding and abetting fraud and will be automatically disqualified.