- Company: Uganda Baati Ltd
- Location: Kampala, Central Region, Uganda
- State: Kampala, UG
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Logistics Jobs in Uganda
Uganda Baati Ltd is a member of the Safal Group of companies – Africa’s largest producer of steel roofing and the pioneer in the production of Aluminium Zinc coated steel on the continent. The company is a leading manufacturer of roofing sheets and allied products with branches in Kampala, Arua and Tororo.
Job Summary: The Supply Chain Manager will oversee and lead overall supply chain strategy and execution.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participate in existing and new product planning processes to assure timely acquisition of materials to support timely delivery of materials.
- Analysing sales, inventory, and production trends to identify and implement actions that will increase order ﬁll-rates, reduce on-hand inventory levels, reduce product ageing, and reduce wasted/non-moving products.
- Study market trends on pricing, shipping practices and other patterns in the industry directly affecting procurement and advise the management accordingly.
- Plan shipment and procurement schedules with vendors to ensure timely material and service availability in plants.
- Ensure completion of pre-Import formalities such as order confirmation on vendors, LCs, pre-shipment inspection requirements on time.
- Ensure that the goods are correctly classiﬁed at Customs and the correct Import Duties and Taxes paid.
- Manage inventory and establish controls to ensure UBL is operating at the highest level of performance based on key performance metrics and minimized supply chain risk.
- Communicating with team members and internal and external clients regarding material delivery and distribution, and accuracy of inventory records.
Supply Chain Administration
- Ensure that compliance requirements for Imports and bonded Warehouses are met and proper records are maintained.
- Ensure the proper utilization, maintenance, and follow up of the fleet as well as control and management of the cost of the fleet (fuel, maintenance and repairs).
- Ensure that all subordinates and end users are fully knowledgeable in relevant importation laws, procedures, tariffs and duties licenses.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Procurement and Supply Chain with a minimum of five years of work experience in supply chain management logistics within a commercial environment.
- Demonstrate knowledge on use of ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) applications.
- Demonstrate working relationship with Uganda Revenue Authority (URA) including knowledge of AEO (Authorized Economic Operator) procedures.
- Ability to establish and maintain good customer relationships, both internally and externally at all levels.
All suitably qualified and eligible applicants should submit their applications and CV to The Human Resource Manager via Email to firstname.lastname@example.org and use the subject line “Position Title.” Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Deadline: 8th December 2018