- Company: Wageningen UR Uganda
- Location: Central Region, Uganda
- State: UG
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Healthcare Jobs in Uganda
Wageningen Centre for Development Innovation (WCDI) is the interdisciplinary and internationally focused unit of Wageningen University & Research Centre. CDI works on processes of innovation and change through facilitating innovation, brokering knowledge and supporting capacity development. Wageningen UR Uganda is implementing a 4 year ISSD Plus project funded by the Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands, Kampala. The programme aims to strengthen the development of a vibrant, pluralistic and market-oriented seed sector that is able to address key challenges that hamper the seed sector development such as seed quality assurance and availability of foundation seed. The project is implemented in collaboration with the National Agricultural Research Organisation (NARO) for public varieties and food crops and private sector for vegetable seed.
Job Summary: The Project Manager – NIGI Project will provide overall guidance and leadership to the NIGI project. The project manager will set-up and supervise an office of four staff; 2 project officers (one with nutrition and vegetable production technical expertise and another with expertise in seed sector development), a finance & administrative assistant and a diver. The project manager will receive technical assistance from, and report to Wageningen UR Centre for Development Innovation (WCDI). She/he will also be expected to support the collaboration of the partners involved in the project and ensure alignment between partner activities.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate must hold a Master’s degree in Nutrition, Agricultural economics/extension, or related field;
- Ten years of proven knowledge and experience on agricultural/nutritional development programmes;
- Five years of experience in independently manage projects,
- Experience in strategic planning and ability to develop linkages with a wide variety of actors; a strong network of agriculture and nutrition contacts in Uganda;
- Proven experience in setting up and running an office with minimal supervision and support.
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their cover letters and resumes (max.4 pages) with three referees that can testify on the candidates’ competences and skills to handle the tasks. Send to email@example.com
NB: Please do not attach Certificates or academic credentials.
Deadline: 23rd December 2018.