- Company: War Child Holland (WCH)
- Location: Central Region, Uganda
- State: UG
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Social Sciences
War Child Holland (WCH) is an International non-profit organization that has been working in Uganda since 2004, mainly in the Lord’s Resistance Army (LRA) affected areas. As the situation in Uganda has stabilized, WCH has closed its programs related to the LRA conflict and started a refugee response program in early 2016 in the West Nile region, offering psychosocial support to children, young people and families in the refugee and host communities. In addition to psychosocial support, the country office is in the process of establishing education projects with partners.
Job Summary: The Team Leader-Psychosocial Support (PSS) (TL-PSS) Coordinates the programmatic and operational implementation of PSS activities in South Western Uganda. The position involves planning and managing the implementation of project activities, monitoring of the progress and achievements of the project goals and objectives, managing the project team, networking with partners and stakeholders, representing WCH in the field and managing operations of the field office/locations.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Responsible for the implementation of project activities
- Prepare and implement monthly activity plans and budgets.
- Deploy Project officers rationally and supervise their work.
- Coordinate with the partners for the TeamUp sessions in the accelerated learning centers.
- Plan facilitators schedule for the sessions in consultations with partners.
- Organize POs and teachers trainings as per project schedule.
- Provide structured feedback to POs on the progress of TeamUp and areas that require further improvements.
- Monthly reporting on the activity plan and budget, including actively providing feedback and suggestions to the line manager on deviations from the approved monthly activity plan
- Ensures that the project team communicates effectively with the children and communities that are stakeholders in the project
- Ensure adherence to minimal standards of PSS/TeamUp support.
- Ensures that the feedback provided by the quality assurance teams are discussed and incorporated in the implementation
- Coordinate with the consortium partners and ensures that they understand WCH mandate.
- Report any violation of organization code of conduct by staff and volunteers.
Assure accurate monitoring of the progress and achievements of the project goals and objectives
- Supervise accurate and quality reporting of the TeamUp data from the POs.
- Facilitate collection of qualitative data on the progress of the TeamUp.
- Monitor, keep track and report on activity implementation and progress towards output
- Collaborate with the Quality Assurance team/M&E assistants to ensure high quality implementation of activities.
- Keep files of collected data and evidence of activities implemented.
- Actively monitors the work of the POs/facilitators at field level.
- Coaches and motivates the team in the WCH mandate.
- Represents WCH at local level i.e. government institutions, working groups and coordination meetings.
- Cooperates with and supports the consortium members in the implementation of the program.
Manage operations of field office/locations
- General office/location management and focal point for the project including all security matters.
- Ensure adherence to security policies and procedures.
- Observes a maximum cash authorization limit of 500,000 UGX.
- Monitor project finance transactions and report to Finance officer.
- Manage office assets at field location.
- Monitors the assigned budget and makes sure that all administrative procedures are followed strictly and effectively with the support of operations staff.
Manage and guide the staff under his/her responsibility
- Work closely with Quality Assurance team on the capacity development of the POs.
- Conducts performance appraisals of the his/her direct staff as per the WCH Performance & Development system.
Cash management: Any other duties as assigned by line manager in fulfillment of the tasks.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The War Child Holland (WCH) Team Leader – PSS job should hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Community Development, Child Protection, Psychology, Social Sciences or equivalent demonstrable experience in relevant fields (social work, community development)
- Five years of relevant field work experience
- Experience as team leader focusing at least one of the following areas: psychosocial support, mental health, child development
- Understanding of the context of The South Western Region of Uganda and refugee settlements.
- Experience with managing teams and working in partnerships
- Strong social and communication skills for team management as well as for liaising with external stakeholders;
- Facilitation skills
- Fluency in English, preferably able to speak in one of the local languages
- Problem solving skills, able to deal independently with field work related issues
- Result oriented
- Strong computer and report writing skills
- MUST have knowledge on how to ride a motorbike and have a valid license class A.
- Show commitment to the vision and goals of War Child Holland in Uganda, including adherence to the Child Safeguarding Policy, is essential”
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are invited to apply by uploading an English CV consisting of maximum two pages, and answer our questionnaire (please note that a cover letter is not requested) through the following hyperlink:
Deadline: 9th December 2018