- Company: FINCA Uganda Limited (MDI)
- Location: Central Region, Uganda
- State: UG
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Banking Jobs in Uganda – Sales Jobs in Uganda
FINCA Uganda Limited (MDI) was the first licensed micro-finance deposit taking institution in Uganda, and part of a global network which serves over 1,000,000 clients in 22 countries. FINCA Uganda currently offers loans, savings and money transfer services in Uganda, one of the most competitive and dynamic microfinance markets in the world.
Job Summary: The Direct Sales Representative will be responsible for lead generation and opening of new accounts for both savings and loans. This role entails field visits to clients to understand their needs and recommend the appropriate FINCA product. The Direct Sales Representative (DSR) is a front line commission staff position responsible for marketing all FINCA Uganda Products. S/he is the commission staff that directly deals with existing and potential Savers and Loan Clients on a daily basis. S/he is expected to disseminate brief information on FINCA Uganda, the savings and Business or Loan Products and any other information as s/he may be authorized to, from time to time. The DSR must be resident in vicinity of the branch of attachment.
Key Duties and Responsibilities: The successful DSR will be expected at all times to provide the following services during the tenure of the Agreement:
- Provide the sales leads for bank products (savings and loans) by soliciting business from prospective customers.
- Attend or make presentations to corporates on various banking products.
- Advise customers on how to complete application forms for all the Bank’s products.
- Keep a sales/lead generation template to record sales calls made and potential business prospects for the Bank. This sheet will be submitted to the supervisor, daily, for verifying the loans approved and booked or accounts opened;
- At all times, in the performance of this Agreement, conduct him/herself in a lawful and ethical manner to the Bank’s satisfaction.
- Explain fully to customers the terms and conditions of the bank’s products.
- Receive customer feedback during the course of interacting with customers and provide such feedback to the supervisor within 24 hours.
- Monitor the competition in your allocated geographical area and report to the supervisor.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a tertiary qualification (Diploma or Degree) in any business related field
- Good communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Telephone skills
- Negotiation skills
- Managing relationships
- Basic reading, writing and arithmetic skills.
- Hands on experience in sales and community mobilization.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work with teams and independently.
- Ability to maintain a professional appearance and provide a positive company image.
- Good problem solving, multi-tasking and negotiation skills.
- Computer literate and familiar with MS Office and other applications
- High level of analytical and creative skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Fluency in English and one or two local languages.
All suitably qualified and interested candidates who so wish to take up these roles in the aforementioned capacity are encouraged to send their applications with detailed CVs including present position and copies of relevant professional/academic certificates to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 10th December 2018