- Company: KCB Bank
- Location: Kampala, Central Region, Uganda
- State: Kampala, UG
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Banking Jobs in Uganda – IT/Telecom Jobs in Uganda
KCB Bank Uganda which is part of KCB Group, East Africa’s largest commercial bank that was established in 1896. Over the years, the Bank has grown and spread its wings into Tanzania, South Sudan, Uganda, Rwanda and Burundi completing the East African circuit in the year 2012. Today, the Group has the largest branch network in the region with over 238 branches, 950 ATMs and 8,000 agents offering banking services on a 24/7 basis in East Africa. KCB Bank Uganda was established in the year 2007 and has grown to become one of Uganda’s top ten commercial banks. Currently KCB Bank Uganda has 14 branches complemented with 16 ATMs spread on Kampala Road, Commercial Plaza, Ben Kiwanuka, Luwum Street, Oasis Mall Sixth Street, Arua, Elgon Masaba, Fort Portal, Gulu, Hoima, Lira, Mbarara and Jinja that offer trade financing, corporate and retail banking services to customers.
Job Summary: The Banking Systems Operations Administrator will be responsible for offering T24 core banking system Level 1 Support and ensure T24 availability and accessibility 24 x 7 x 365.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performing Close of Business (COB) in a timely manner.
- Confirm and ensure completion of Extraction and distribution of POST COB reports into the designated system.
- Ensure smooth transmission of files through file transfer tools to various destinations e.g. Swift messages, clearing files, Tfiles, Corona files, Quickpay files, Prime GL files for card centre, eficaz Dataware House files etc.
- Attend to ECRM and ITSM Incidents, Requests & Changes.
- Attend to user requests e.g Adhoc reports and statements generation, Statements rebuild, resolve account Mismatches etc
- Manage and monitor the processing and movement of transactional files from the various channels into and from T24 core banking system.
- Monitor the system performance on I/O waits, system and database locks, TOKEN (T24 user licenses) usage and system speeds
- Support other teams like the T24 Development and Quality assurance teams on T24 operational requests like running of batch jobs, data extraction, running of COB etc in a test environment.
- Coordinate data requested by Temenos Helpdesk for issues resolution
- Documentation of procedures and manuals used in systems operation activities
- Availability of interfaces to various applications
- Management / Administration of the shift rota for optimal output
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the KCB Bank Banking Systems Operations Administrator career opportunity must hold a University Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field.
- Two years of banking experience in IT Department will be an added advantage
- ITIL with any other IT certification would be an advantage
- T24 Core Banking Operations Knowledge
- Understanding of UNIX operating environment is most preferable
- General knowledge of file transfer services
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent Communication and presentation skills
All qualified candidates should apply online at the link below.
Deadline: Friday, 14th December 2018.