- Company: KCB Bank
- Location: Kampala, Central Region, Uganda
- State: Kampala, UG
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Banking Jobs in Uganda – IT/Telecom Jobs in Uganda
KCB Bank Uganda which is part of KCB Group, East Africa’s largest commercial bank that was established in 1896. Over the years, the Bank has grown and spread its wings into Tanzania, South Sudan, Uganda, Rwanda and Burundi completing the East African circuit in the year 2012. Today, the Group has the largest branch network in the region with over 238 branches, 950 ATMs and 8,000 agents offering banking services on a 24/7 basis in East Africa. KCB Bank Uganda was established in the year 2007 and has grown to become one of Uganda’s top ten commercial banks. Currently KCB Bank Uganda has 14 branches complemented with 16 ATMs spread on Kampala Road, Commercial Plaza, Ben Kiwanuka, Luwum Street, Oasis Mall Sixth Street, Arua, Elgon Masaba, Fort Portal, Gulu, Hoima, Lira, Mbarara and Jinja that offer trade financing, corporate and retail banking services to customers.
Job Summary: The Hardware Systems Infrastructure Manager will be responsible for the Bank’s technology hardware systems and will provide support, maintenance and management of mid-range infrastructure visibility, availability, scalability and reliability.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Implementation and support of High end and Mid- Range IT Infrastructure in line with Bank’s Vision and provisioning High Available Server infrastructure for the Critical Server systems.
- Ensuring infrastructure high availability, business continuity and effective management of 24×7 Data Centre operations and high-end infrastructure SLAs.
- Design and implementation of Cloud infrastructure systems for the Bank.
- Formulation and analyzing business needs and recommend appropriate ICT Server and Storage infrastructure solutions to meet the Bank’s requirements.
- Conducting performance and capacity planning and develop budgets for hardware infrastructure requirements and future projections for business.
- Design modeling for provisioning, orchestrating and deployment of server infrastructure and making it readily available.
- Design, evaluation and implementation of procedures and technical measures to enhance the security of Data Centre server and storage Infrastructure, Virtualized Server pool and Cloud Infrastructure.
- Keeping up- to- date infrastructure documentation, policies and procedural documents, disaster recovery plan and best practices that relate to hardware infrastructure.
- Providing the strategic evaluation and design of hardware solutions to support the banks requirements and supervise the technical execution of the same.
- Design and implement cost management policies, progress on lease model of asset management and manage SLAs to ensure High Availability of Mission Critical Servers and Business Continuity.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the KCB Bank Hardware Systems Infrastructure Manager career opportunity must hold a University Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, related field.
- Three years’ experience in a Hardware Infrastructure management position preferably in a bank
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work well with people at every level and in every department, are essential
- Risk Analysis/ Assessment experience
- Hardware Certifications (VCP, RHCSA, ITIL, CCNA) or comparable work experience will be given preference
- Knowledge of Storage systems management and administration
- Systems and network security hands on experience
- Ability to lead, deliver change and contribute to culture change successfully
All qualified candidates should apply online at the link below.
Deadline: Friday, 14th December 2018.