- Company: Barclays Bank UK
- Location: Kampala, Central Region, Uganda
- State: Kampala, UG
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Banking Jobs in Uganda – Driving Jobs in Uganda
Barclays is a British multinational banking and financial services company headquartered in London. It is a universal bank with operations in retail, wholesale and investment banking, as well as wealth management, mortgage lending and credit cards. It has operations in over 50 countries and territories and has around 48 million customers. As of 31 December 2011, Barclays had total assets of US$2.42 trillion, the seventh-largest of any bank worldwide.
Job Summary: The incumbent will drive the Managing Director as per governing policies and provide services and support to the respective business unit when required and ensure the vehicle is compliant with country traffic laws
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Driving the Managing Director, as directed in a safe and appropriate manner.
- Route preparation and choice, ensuring awareness of all venues to be visited.
- Ensuring vehicle is properly maintained and roadworthy in accordance with the standards required.
- To ensure that the car has at least half tank of fuel all time
- To conduct brief inspection for vehicle prior to driving off
- To abide with country traffic law & ensure car has the fire extinguisher, the safety triangle and first aid box kit.
- To report any accident if any timely
- Delivering high quality of service every time all the time
- Full awareness of all training provided and security measures for HRP
- Role holder is responsible for maintenance invoice delivery to the line manager.
- Be a role model while handling any duties assigned to him
- Setting the performance development objectives with the line manager
- Risk assess and respond appropriately to any emergency or risk situation and take appropriate driving action
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Barclays Bank UK Driver job must hold relevant qualifications
- Have good spoken and written communication skills
- Have an accident free driving license
- Be assertive, to persuade people to follow rules and change their working practices
- Have a good level of physical fitness and stamina
- Have a logical approach and be able to solve problems
- Be well-organized and pay attention to detail
- Be able to cope under pressure
- Good report writing skills
- Computer literacy skills
- Traffic laws knowledge.
- Car maintenance knowledge.
- General knowledge of bank rules & policies
- English language skills are preferred.
If you feel challenged by any of the above positions, and believe you can deliver on key deliverables as outlined above, upload your application letter, current curriculum vitae and photocopies of academic certificate to our recruitment website detail below:
Barclays is an equal opportunity employer that recruits, develops and promotes people on merit, and rewards outstanding performance, regardless of background and gender.
For queries contact us on 0417122453 or email: email@example.com