- Company: KCB Bank Uganda
- Location: Kampala, Central Region, Uganda
- State: Kampala, UG
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Banking Jobs in Uganda
We wish to advise that the following vacancies exist in the Information Technology Department of KCB Bank Uganda Ltd. Competent and highly motivated individuals who meet the qualifications and experience detailed herein are encouraged to apply.
BANKING SYSTEMS OPERATIONS MANAGER
Reporting to the Head of IT, the job holder will be responsible for ensuring that T24 core banking system availability is not compromised through guaranteeing its timely accessibility 24 x 7 x 365.
The major responsibilities of this position will be:
- Performing Close of Business [COB] in a timely manner.
- Confirm and ensure completion of Extraction and distribution of POST COB reports into the designated system.
- Ensure smooth transmission of files through file transfer tools to various destinations e.g Swift messages, clearing files, micro sites files, Tfiles, Corona files, Ouickpay files, Prime GL files for card centre, eficaz dataware house files etc.
- Database Management, monitoring and supervision of Database Administrator roles
- Attend to ECRM and ITSM Incidents, Requests & Changes.
- Attend to user requests e.g. Adhoc reports and statements generation, Statements rebuild, resolve account Mismatches etc.
- Manage and monitor the processing and movement of transactional files from the various channels into and from T24 core banking system.
- Monitor the system performance on I/O waits, system and database locks, TOKEN [T24 user licenses] usage and system speeds
- Ensure monthly charges are collected promptly.
- Ensure prompt collection of Revenue sharing with business on expected Track and facilitate vendor payments.
- Support other teams like the T24 Development and Quality assurance teams on T24 operational requests like running of batch jobs, data extraction, running of COB etc in a test environment.
- Coordinate data requested by Temenos Helpdesk for issues resolution
- Documentation of procedures and manuals used in systems operation activities
- Availability of interfaces to various applications
- Management / Administration of the shift rota for optimal output
For the above position, the successful applicant should have:-
- University Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field.
- 4 years Banking Experience in IT Department
- Any IT Professional Qualification/ MBA would be an advantage
- T24 Core Banking Operations Knowledge
- Understanding of UNIX operating environment is most preferable
- General knowledge of file transfer services
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
To apply log on our recruitment portal: irecruitment.kcbgroup.com/OA_HTML/IrcVisitor.jsp with a detailed CV before the close of business on Friday, 14th December 2018. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.