- Company: KCB Bank Uganda
- Location: Kampala, Central Region, Uganda
- State: Kampala, UG
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Banking Jobs in Uganda – IT/Telecom Jobs in Uganda
KCB Bank Uganda which is part of KCB Group, East Africa’s largest commercial bank that was established in 1896. Over the years, the Bank has grown and spread its wings into Tanzania, South Sudan, Uganda, Rwanda and Burundi completing the East African circuit in the year 2012. Today, the Group has the largest branch network in the region with over 238 branches, 950 ATMs and 8,000 agents offering banking services on a 24/7 basis in East Africa. KCB Bank Uganda was established in the year 2007 and has grown to become one of Uganda’s top ten commercial banks. Currently KCB Bank Uganda has 14 branches complemented with 16 ATMs spread on Kampala Road, Commercial Plaza, Ben Kiwanuka, Luwum Street, Oasis Mall Sixth Street, Arua, Elgon Masaba, Fort Portal, Gulu, Hoima, Lira, Mbarara and Jinja that offer trade financing, corporate and retail banking services to customers.
Job Summary: The Database Administrator will be responsible for ensuring the health and optimization of all Oracle Database applications.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage and support high performance, highly available and mission critical database platforms for the Core Banking and other systems
- Review and design database structures to support business requirements including logical and physical database modeling.
- Install, configure and maintain database instances, creates various database objects, create users with appropriate roles and levels of security
- Implement database security policies that are consistent with laid security guidelines
- Implement and perform database backup and recovery strategies that meet recovery and availability requirements
- Implement best practices and incorporate them in DBA procedures
- Manage and support Enterprise Data warehouse including the development of reports from the data warehouse platform
- Determine appropriateness of data for storage and optimum storage organization
- Performs complex analyses and reviews applications being released into production
- Develops and oversees the implementation of test application code in client server environments to ensure that software conforms to build management practices
- Remain abreast of and analyzes new and emerging technologies and tools for applicability to the field
- Work with the development, testing, and support teams to provide design guidelines and impact analysis
- Contribute to the weekly on-call rotation and maintenance task.
- Provide detailed documentation on data model design and implementation
- Effectively collaborate with other Operations and Support team to resolve performance and design issues
- Perform Database performance analysis
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the KCB Bank Database Administrator career opportunity must hold a University Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field.
- Must possess Oracle OCP certification
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of Oracle RAC and Oracle Data Guard
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of Unix
- A team player with Effective leadership skills
- At least three years of hands-on experience in Oracle administration
- A minimum of 3 years’ hands on experience in
- Data warehousing, data mining and business intelligence
- Unix platforms HP /Solaris /IBM AIX
- Knowledge of administration in the following areas will be an added advantage
- T24 core banking systems
- Web sphere and MQ series
- Self-driven with highly innovative skills
All qualified candidates should apply online at the link below.
Deadline: Friday, 14th December 2018.