Organisation: World Health Organisation (WHO)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Annual Salary: UGX 107,402,000 /=
Reports to:Operations Officer
The World Health Organisation (WHO) is the directing and coordinating authority for health within the United Nations (UN) system. It is responsible for providing leadership on global health matters, shaping the health research agenda, setting norms and standards, articulating evidence-based policy options, providing technical support to countries and monitoring and assessing health trends.
Job Summary: The Administrative Officer will ensure that effective management of GAVI funds as per applicable WHO rules and procedures.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide operational support in the areas of Budget/planning, transport planning, assets management, office maintenance as well as the day to day running of the primary State of assignment and coordinate other States within the zone;-
- Edit correspondence as well as other documentation prepared for WHO Country Representative’s signature, ensuring compliance with rules, regulations and procedures and initiate responses, as appropriate;
- Facilitate other field based payments in support of Measles Rubella Initiative (MRI) and other activities and rendering accurate and timely reports;
- Provide support in the preparation of briefing documents/materials, papers and reports for use on official trips or special meetings;
- The jobholder will create and update on monthly basis the master list of key MRI activities that will include the events of partners that required WHO attention/participation and share it with the Cluster lead and the technical and administrative officers;
- Attend meetings with the team, whenever necessary, prepare minutes and ensure timely and efficient follow up on implementation of ensuing actions;-
- Carry out quality checks of GSM transactions reassigned or on request for WR approval;
- Perform any other duties as requested.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidates for the United Nations World Health Organization (WHO) Administrative Officer job should hold a University degree in Accounting, Management Sciences, Business Administration or Finance. For WHO staff only, equivalent professional training or self-study/work experience.
- A postgraduate degree in business administration or professional training is desired
- A minimum of two years of proven experience in the area of administration, finance and accounting.
- Experience in WHO is desired
- Extensive knowledge of office management and administration, administrative skills, basic accounting.
- Specialized knowledge of WHO administrative and financial rules, procedures and practices.
- Ability to communicate clearly, both verbally and in writing an asset
- Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
- Use of Language Skills
- Essential: Expert knowledge of English.
- Desirable: Beginners knowledge of French.
All candidates who so desire to join the United Nations World Health Organisation (WHO) by sending their online applications to enable WHO to store their personal profiles in a permanent database. Visit WHO’s e-recruitment website below and follow the instructions for online application procedures.
NB: All applicants are encouraged to apply online as soon as possible after the vacancy has been posted and well before the deadline stated in the vacancy announcement.
(Visited 3 times, 1 visits today)