Job Title: District Coordinator – TAFU Project
Employer: Community Health Alliance Uganda (CHAU)
Location: Kampala, Uganda
· Supervise and provided technical assistance to VHTs within district of operation in areas of paediatric HIV and ensuring that they deliver on their target.
· Develop and maintain strategic community partnerships necessary to achieve community engagement activities.
· Work with VHTs including other partners to mobilize the communities in order to identify and increase the number of children living with HIV enrolled into care and support
· Spear head identification of pregnant women and ensure that they are enrolled on to the EMTCT program.
· Sensitize various community leaders, parents and groups on the importance of HIV paediatric care and EMTCT in order to foster positive attitudes.
· Support the formation of VSLAs and/or strengthen existing VSLAs for households of people living with HIV by ensuring that they are operational and functional for economic empowerment.
· Develop and implement monthly performance plans for the VHTs.
· Conduct appropriate training and on job mentorshlp for skills development for VHTs in mobilization and HIV programming for children and households affected and inflicted with HIV.
· The applicant should preferably hold a Degree in Community Development, Social Work and Social, Administration, Social Sciences or an equivalent
· Competencies: Analytical, coordination/networking, negotiation, communication and interpersonal skills, High ethical and integrity standards, computer proficiency skills, Results and team-oriented, proven ability to produce high quality reports/documents.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates for the above post should submit applications with detailed curriculum vitae, copies of academic certificates, name and address of three referees and a day time contact telephone number to the International HIV/AIDS Alliance offices addressed to: The Executive Director, Community Health Alliance, Plot 19, Kawalya Kaggwa Close, Kololo P. O. Box 40333, Kampala, Uganda.
NB: Please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted
Deadline: 27th November 2017 by 5:00 PM