Reports to: Head of Component ENWASS
Ref. No.: GIZ-ENWASS/AO/071963
The Deutsche Gesellschaft fur Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is owned by the Federal republic of Germany with International operations in Uganda, GIZ Implements commissions for the German government and other national and international, public and private sector clients within the framework of the international Cooperation between the Federal Republic of Germany and the Government of Uganda.
The Enhanced Water Security and Sanitation Programme (ENWASS), implemented by Deutsche Gesellschaft fur Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH on behalf of the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ), aims at strengthening the institutional, managerial and implementation capacities of the institutions in the water and sanitation sector in Uganda with regard to climate change adaptation and sanitation. Component one of the ENWASS programme aims at supporting Climate sensitive Water Resources Management (IWRM) in Uganda.
Job Summary: The Administration Officer EU is responsible for;
- Providing administrative services for the project (e.g. keeping of records and time sheets, Leave Management, etc.)
- Meeting the administrative needs of the office and able to work with minimum supervision
- Managing the support and administrative staff at the project office
- Ensuring that all GIZ financial and administrative regulations are complied with.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensures that information is exchanged between project staff, partners and other institutions
- Supports in the checking and clarifying all costs and revenues
- Coordination of all related activities (EU and BMZ funding)
- Is responsible for organising administrative and logistical aspects of project activities (meetings, workshops, cash-for-work etc.)
- Coordinates with the GIZ office on the mode of service delivery
- Monitors the availability of accessories and stocks and carries out asset management in accordance with GIZ guidelines
- Is responsible for filing documents in reference files in line with GIZ’s filing rules
- Manages confidential files, specifically in the areas of finance
- Liaise between Bank and Project issues and mode of service delivery.
- Ensure costs and revenues are rightly booked in accordance with the specific PN for EU, TCF and IGAD/CBDFU funded activities
- Helps prepare project budget planning
- Assists in monitoring fund expenditure in accordance with the budget (cost type and cost category) as per the GIZ guidelines
- Manages and monitors the accounting and financial plans for activities. Reviews the end of month accounts from the project accounting, cash books and account balance vouchers (through or from WINPACCS) and from time to time discuss this with the head of component/ officer responsible for the contract and cooperation.
- Assist in financial management, such as cash withdrawals, keeping the cashbook, bank accounts, preparing and entering vouchers
- Assist in accounting tasks using WINPACCS accounting software and prepare monthly bank reconciliation statements/ vouchers
- Monitors and follows up on outstanding receivables and liabilities of the project both in the project journal and for transactions done through the office journal and ensures timely cost booking.
- Checks error sheets
- Among other payments she/he manages Mobile Money payment processes
- Checks travel expense statements of staff for payment
- Initials cash withdrawals for various projects
- Checks requests for funds before release
- Audits project accounting
- Manages and monitors the assets procured during the project runtime using the software onSITE asset. Carries out asset stocktaking on a quarterly basis for all assets procured.
Procurement and Contracts
- Is responsible for local procurement of goods according to GIZ guidelines.
- Is responsible for local service contracts, e.g. consultancies, according to GIZ guidelines.
Other duties/additional tasks
- Deputation for Administration Officer while away.
- Performs other duties and tasks at the request of management.
- Voucher scanning, photocopying and filing.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the GIZ Administration Officer EU GIZ – ENWASS job placement must hold a University degree in business administration
- Professional Qualification in Accounting, CPA, etc is an added advantage.
- Three to five years of professional experience in a comparable position
- Working experience for GIZ and knowledge of GIZ procedures, processes, rules and standards would be an asset
- Working experience with EU funded projects and accounting procedures would be an added advantage.
- In-depth understanding of financial planning and accounting
- Broad experience of management and administration
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to find out demand for trainings and inputs
- Work self-motivated, ability to work with limited supervision and ability to make informed decisions
- Integrity, concern for quality and standards
- Teamwork, intercultural competence and high frustration tolerance
- Good working knowledge of ICT technologies (related software, phone, email, internet) and computer applications (e.g. MS Office)
- High proficiency in English, Ngakarimojong would be an added advantage
- Willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding measures are agreed with management.
All interested and qualified persons are strongly encouraged to apply by submitting their application and CV along with the contacts of three professional referees to the Human Resource Department through email: email@example.com quoting the position you are applying for as the subject.
Please note: This is a national position. Application and CV should be in one document including the relevant attachments. Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted. We encourage women, people with disabilities and minority groups to apply for this position. GIZ is committed to equal opportunities and diversity of perspective at the working place.
(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today)