- Company: Raising The Village (RTV)
- Location: Central Region, Uganda
- State: UG
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative Jobs in Uganda – Logistics Jobs in Uganda
Raising The Village International (RTV) is a Canadian non-profit organization focused on ending extreme poverty by eliminating immediate barriers of scarcity, nurturing income-generation activities and building local capacity, while moving communities toward economic self-sufficiency. For more information, please visit https://www.raisingthevillage.org
Job Summary: The Procurement Officer plays an important role within RTV. This position ensures that RTV is making wise purchases of goods or services to improve beneficiary livelihoods. The procurement and logistics officer will be responsible for implementing all procurement and logistics activities including acquisition of goods and services and will also be responsible and accountable for managing and delivering quality logistic services and goods for the organization in a timely manner and within budget.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Estimating and establishing cost parameters and budgets for purchases
- Maintain accurate records of purchases and pricing
- Create and maintain good relationships with vendors/suppliers
- Making professional decisions in a fast-paced environment
- Maintain records of purchases, pricing, and other important data
- Review and analyze all vendors/suppliers, supply, and price options
- Develops plans for purchasing equipment, services and supplies
- Negotiate pricing and supply contracts for better deals
- Ensure that the products and supplies are of high quality
- Create and maintain inventory of all incoming and current supplies
- Maintain and update list of suppliers and their qualifications, delivery times, and potential future development
- Develop procurement policies and procedures in accordance with international standards;
- Work with the program and planning and evaluation teams to develop a procurement pipeline based on project design
- Note: Other requirements as might be required by their direct supervisor and/or management.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the Raising The Village (RTV) Procurement Officer job vacancy must hold a University Degree in Business Administration, Procurement and Supply Chain Management or related field.
- At least two years of experience as a procurement officer or related position
- Solid knowledge and understanding of procurement processes, policies, and systems
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to analyze problems and strategize for better solutions
- Ability to negotiate, establish, and administer contracts
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
- Organized and detail oriented
- Able to build relationships and work effectively within teams;
- Able to travel 30% of the time to RTV field operations;
All qualified and interested candidates should send a letter of application and curriculum vitae as one document including address, telephone contact and three references to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note: Properly formatted PDF or Word documents are preferred.
Deadline: 7th November 2018