- Company: Zoe Recruitment
- Location: Kampala, Central Region, Uganda
- State: Kampala, UG
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative Jobs in Uganda – Social Sciences
Zoe Recruitment is an HR consultancy company that exists to contribute to the transformation of productivity and work ethic, by linking talent to business/organizations, and placing people right. At Zoe we believe this then forms the foundation for sustainable business and on a larger scale, economic growth. They are recruiting for their client.
Job Summary: The Sustainability Manager will lead the implementation and overall management of the company’s field-based sustainability projects and activities under the Farmer Hub vision. This includes responsibility for project design, the financial planning of projects and activities, the performance and conduct of all staff in the sustainability department, and all resources at the disposal of the department. The Sustainability Manager will typically be expected to coordinate the interests of several stakeholders, or coalitions of stakeholders, including public and private donors, government and communities.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Define local sustainability missions, goals, tasks, and resource requirements – in alignment with the company’s commercial and sustainable goals
- Provide decision making across all issues affecting the department
- Act as the main liaison to other heads of department and senior management on sustainability activities
- Design and manage projects within scope (schedule, cost and quality)
- Elaborate and manage project budgets and resources accordingly
- Develop monitoring tools to track the progress of projects, providing corrective supervision as necessary.
- Actively seek out funding opportunities and prepare project proposals for donors (public and private).
- Prepare and submit accurate project reports according to agreed schedules
- Ensure that organizational elements of the project are addressed and integrated.
- Resolve conflicts within and between projects or functional areas;
- Represent the company at sustainability events, acting as spokesperson for the company’s values and objectives
Key Results Expected
- Wise decision making across all projects related issues
- Strong sense of personal responsibility
- Accurate and on time reporting
- Smart allocation of resources
- Agility and quick problem resolution
- Project completion on time and within Scope and budget
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate must hold a bachelor’s degree in sciences, mathematics or an advanced subject
- Post graduate qualification in Project Management, M&E, or Finance
- A certificate in a recognized project management methodology such as Prince2
- A minimum of five years of experience working as the Project Manager in large private or public agricultural or rural development projects
- Practical knowledge of certification schemes and their implementation
- Excellent communication skills in English
- Extremely analytical and disciplined individual
- Strong leadership skills
- Good emotional and cultural intelligence
- Ability to multitask, manage stress and handle conflict resolution.
- Highly developed problem solving and organizational skills
- Competent in financial management, book-keeping, accounts analysis, budgeting and financial controls
- Perfect spoken English, and the language of the area of operation.
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to apply online at the link below.
Deadline: 14th December 2018