Want create site? Find Free WordPress Themes and plugins.
Organization: United Nations World Food Programme (WFP)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
The UN World Food Programme (WFP) is the United Nations frontline agency against world hunger. It is the largest and longest serving humanitarian agency in Uganda. Currently WFP focuses on three priority areas: Saving lives in Emergencies; Building Resilience through Predictable Safety Nets; Improving Nutrition & Mother-and Child Health; and Supporting Small Holder Farmers to Access Markets. WFP has operations in various parts of the Country.
Job Summary: The Programme Assistant (M&E Change Support) will be charged with providing support services to the Monitoring, Learning and Capacity Building Officer, International Consultant. The incumbent will perform specialized and/or standardized policy and programme-related processes and activities to support the effective delivery of assistance packages.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide support to the International Consultant in the revision and expansion of the M&E Standard Operating Procedures as a guiding document for monitoring at all levels: CO, AO, FOs, satellite offices, and Cooperating Partners.
- Identify monitoring, evaluation and learning needs of staff during planning and implementation of the CSP.
- Support the International Consultant, M&E in the development of the Learning Agendas for all Outcomes/Activities:
- Provide technical and logistical support in the training of WFP and partner staff in appropriate monitoring, evaluation and learning techniques.
- Produce frequent progress reports with status of results and implementation of improvements and follow up for corrective actions in programmes.
- Develop and/or update CSP Results Dashboards
- Work in close collaboration with internal counterparts and external partners to strengthen the quality and consistency of monitoring, evaluation and learning at the Country Office.
- Contribute to the analysis of output and outcome data and recommend improvements to programme interventions and to enhance WFPs ability to demonstrate results.
- Work in close collaboration with internal counterparts and external partners to strengthen the data quality, accuracy and consistency to build credible performance evidence.
- Compile data sources, employing collection and/or analysis of monitoring data from the national data sources;
- Contribute to report writing and updating of progress achieved against indicators on the indicator tracking table.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the United Nations UN World Food Programme (WFP) Programme Assistant (M&E Change Support) job placement should a University degree in Monitoring and Evaluation, Sociology, Social Development, Development Economics or Performance Management or another relevant field.
- At least four years of professional experience in the field of monitoring, evaluation and learning.
- Research experience using variety of analytical tools and methods for causality analysis, forecasting, and other data modeling needs.
- Good experience in development of dashboards.
- Sound knowledge of regional local dialects is very desirable
- Has facilitated communication with technical teams (i.e. nutrition, VAM, etc.).
- Has contributed to implementation of programmes.
- Has observed or assisted with policy discussions.
- Programme Lifecycle & Food Assistance: Can facilitate implementation of food assistance programmes under guidance using basic understanding of principles and good practices of programme design, implementation and monitoring.
- Transfer Modalities (Food, Cash, Vouchers): Demonstrates ability to facilitate, under guidance, food assistance programme implementation that deploys full range of transfer modalities with an understanding of basic principles guiding modality selection and implementation.
- Knowledge of Specialized Areas: Understands basic technical concepts and data and their relevance to food assistance programmes.
- Emergency Programming: Displays capacity to provide inputs into the development, implementation and realignment of high quality emergency programmes.
- Strategic Policy Engagement w/Govt: Understands and applies basic principles of engagement with government counterparts at the national or local level.
All candidates who desire to join the United Nations World Food Programme are encouraged to submit their applications online at the link below.
Deadline: 1st August 2019
Did you find apk for android? You can find new Free Android Games and apps.
(Visited 5 times, 1 visits today)