Want create site? Find Free WordPress Themes and plugins.
Organization: United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Child Protection Officer L2
The United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) is mandated by the UN general assembly to advocate for the protection of children’s rights, to help meet their basic needs and expand their opportunities to reach their full potential. Together with our partners, we work in 190 countries and territories to translate that commitment into practical action, focusing special effort on reaching the most vulnerable and excluded children, to the benefit of all children, everywhere.
Job Summary: The Child Protection Officer provides professional technical, operational and administrative assistance throughout the programming process for child protection programmes/projects within the Country Programme from development planning to delivery of results. H/She prepares, executes, manages, and implements a variety of technical and administrative programme tasks to facilitate programme development, implementation, programme progress monitoring, evaluating and reporting.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support to programme development and planning
- Programme management, monitoring and delivery of results
- Technical and operational support to programme implementation
- Networking and partnership building
- Innovation, knowledge management and capacity building
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) Child Protection Officer job placement should a university degree in one of the following fields is required: international development, human rights, psychology, sociology, international law, or another relevant social science field.
- At least two years of professional experience in social development planning and management in child protection related areas is required.
- Experience working in a developing country is considered as an asset.
- Relevant experience in programme development in child protection related areas in a UN system agency or organization is considered as an asset
- Experience in both development and humanitarian contexts is an added advantage.
- Language Requirements: Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official UN language or local language of the duty station is considered as an asset
- UNICEF’s Core Values: Commitment, Diversity and Integrity and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
NB: The United Nations does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (Application, interview meeting, processing, or training). The United Nations does not concern itself with information on applicants’ bank accounts.
All suitably qualified and interested candidates desiring to serve the United Nations in the aforementioned capacity should express their interest by visiting the UN recruitment website and clicking Apply Now.
Deadline: 14th August 2019
Did you find apk for android? You can find new Free Android Games and apps.
(Visited 3 times, 1 visits today)