Want create site? Find Free WordPress Themes and plugins.
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Senior Officer – SAM
DFCU Bank is a fast growing commercial bank offering a variety of innovative products and services. DFCU Limited was started by the Commonwealth Development Corporation (CDC) of the United Kingdom and the Government of Uganda through the Uganda Development Corporation (UDC) under the name of Development Finance Company of Uganda Limited. Later restructuring brought in DEG (of Germany) and International Finance Corporation (IFC) as equal partners with CDC and UDC, each having a 25% stake in the company. Its objective was to support long-term development projects whose financing needs and risk did not appeal to the then existing financial commercial lending institutions.
Job Summary: The Collection Executive – Special Asset Management will maintain, monitor and collect Personal and Business Banking loan portfolios of accounts aged between 0 to 89 days past due. Maximizing cash collections and regular follow up on all loan repayments within a call center environment to ensure optimal performance of facilities and customer retention thereby minimizing accounts flow to non performing status and loss to the bank.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Accountable for reducing/minimizing delinquent accounts within assigned portfolio.
- Follow up with customers to ensure that payments are made as and when they fall due and chases for payments that are overdue between 0 – 89 days.
- Make collection calls and/or conduct field visits.
- Develop repayment schedules and restructures with the help of the Team Leader based on customer’s financial situation and advise customers on alternative repayment options.
- Resolve and provide customer service to loan related matters specifically collection issues; communicate and follow up effectively with customer queries & disputes.
- Process customer instructions within set TAT guidelines.
- Issue repayment reminders and /or demand notices.
- Updating customer files.
- Collaborate with the Team Leader and recommend accounts that require tougher action.
- Enlist the support of the Team Leader to resolve more complicated loan matters and identify root causes of non-payment.
- Timely capturing of cash flows in the system for proper IFRS reporting to minimize provisions and compliance.
- Process release of securities for accounts that have been paid off.
- Following up on Insurance claims.
- Recommend on the accounts to be outsourced to our external debt collectors before they become NPA.
- Inputting cash flows to support running of the IFRS9 model to come up with provisions for accounts below 3billion and retail unsecured.
- Creating awareness to other bank staff on portfolio management.
- A regional collector is also charged with collecting on NPA and written offs for CB, BB and DIB within different regions.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the DFCU Bank Collection Executive – Special Asset Management job placement must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Statistics, Commerce, Business Administration or its equivalent.
- Two years of basic credit understanding.
- High level of customer service.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Good grammar is an added advantage.
- Good negotiation skills
- Tactful and calm.
- Thorough understanding of the Bank’s Credit including SAM policies and procedures.
- Proficiency in the use of Word and Excel. PowerPoint is an added advantage.
- General Understanding of bank products, policies, controls and procedures among others.
- General understanding of business, financial and accounting fields.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Time management.
- Exercising high level of integrity.
All candidates who so wish to join the banking sector in the aforementioned capacity are encouraged to send their applications with detailed CVs including present position and copies of relevant professional/academic certificates (University Transcript, O & A level) to: Vacanciesbank@dfcugroup.com
Deadline: 10th October 2019
NB: dfcu Bank does not solicit/accept payment in cash/kind from prospective candidates in exchange for shortlisting or job placement. Any candidate who engages in this kind of transaction is aiding and abetting fraud and will be automatically disqualified.
Did you find apk for android? You can find new Free Android Games and apps.
(Visited 8 times, 1 visits today)